Howler Monkey Central

The weblog of Skip. A collection of thoughts, observations, and recipes for pie. You like pie, don't you? Everybody likes pie. If you don't like pie, this conversation is over.

Friday, October 01, 2004

An update......my god, how long has it been?

Do people still say "cool"? I have to admit, the rock I have been living under doesn't have high-speed internet or even a good news source.

So here we go.....getting all caught up for the past.....3 months? Boy, I suck.

The DC Trip
If you didn't know, I took a trip to the DC-area in mid-August. I orignally went for business, but I expanded the trip to do a little vacationing. Got to hang out with the old college roommates. Saw the monuments. Rode the Metro. Drank a liiiittle too much. Witnessed first-hand how "free" our country now is. And to top it all off...I ate at a restaurant that makes over 200 different kinds of sandwiches. Well worth the trip.

The Breaking of the Ka-Tet of Bastards
Tomatohead has left us and sought out a new life in the Pacific Northwest. Just before he left, we managed to lay down recordings of the best the Bastards have to offer. So, Tomatohead, I hope your new surroundings are treating you well. Eh?

A Voice from the Past
I got a call out of the blue from a girl I have not seen or spoken to in over a year. We talked for over an hour, got all caught up, and I hung up the phone feeling better than if I had eaten half a bag of Tater Tots.

The Conference
A few weeks ago, my company held its biannual seminar up in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. 3 days of presentations, and 4 nights of hanging out and getting to know my coworkers. And if anyone says people in a "nerdy" profession don't know how to have a good time, they're a damn liar.

The Party
The girl who called me out of the blue invited me to a party she was throwing at her apartment. The entire evening was surreal. I encountered the girl, an ex-girlfriend, an ex-roommate, an ex-archenemy, and a drunk guy who realized that "girls are cool". I left the party alone, so it couldn't have been that great.

The Crash
I turned on my computer Monday evening only to discover that the new hard drive I had installed was no longer recognized by my computer. All my sketches, digital photos, and the like are gone. Now begins the painful process of rebuilding. Oh what a long road it will be. You suck, Computer.

The Future?
I have no idea what that title means. For that matter, I don't know why I felt the need to add titles to these short summaries. I think that means I need to get out of this apartment. Which is to say, away from this computer. And stop typing. Until later.

WHOOP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home