Howler Monkey Central

The weblog of Skip. A collection of thoughts, observations, and recipes for pie. You like pie, don't you? Everybody likes pie. If you don't like pie, this conversation is over.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Well, I guess that's it. They had a good run.

I am not heartbroken that the Cards didn't win. I'm sad, sure, but hey, such is life.

There are so many reasons I feel pretty good.

1. I got to go to Game 4. I sat in Busch Stadium in seats that I paid face value for. We had some kickass seats, and saw two teams play in the last game of the World Series. Rock on.

2. I saw the Cardinals play in the World Series. I have not witnessed that since I was 7 years old, and I vaguely remember it. And although they lost, it's good to know that there is only 1 team out there that was better than us.

3. I saw history happen. Not only did I get to see the deciding game of the World Series, but I saw a team win that hasn't won for 86 years. Who knows? They may not win for another 86.
I tip my hat to the Red Sox. They were due. And the way the Series went, I'm not surprised they won. Good job to all.

4. I am a truly fortunate guy. I also got to go to Opening Day. So I actually got to see the first AND last game the Cardinals played in Busch Stadium this season. And with the new stadium being built, I may have seen the last Cards game at Busch Stadium EVER. Super kickass.

5. There's a very short list of people I would have liked to go to the game with me, and I'm glad I got to go with one of them.

6. I get to go out and have fun this weekend. Granted, I would have loved to go to a Game 7, but being able to hang out with friends and do whatever is as good as staying home and watching the game.

That's only 6 of the many reasons I'm feeling pretty good today. But I gotta tell you, last night, I slept like a freakin' baby.

Go Cards! See you in the Series in '05!

Whoop.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home